ASK and it shall be given!
|May 19, 2011||Posted by Pastor Viju Mathai under John, Meditation Notes, Prayer, Sermons||
Latest posts by Pastor Viju Mathai (see all)
- Discernment vs. Judgment – V (God’s Guidelines for Discerning) - April 4, 2016
- Discernment vs. Judgment -IV (How do we Discern) - April 4, 2016
- Discernment vs. Judgment -III (Diakrino, Dokimazo) - April 4, 2016
Many Christians are not sure it is OK to ASK from the Lord. They are not sure if it is OK to EXPECT anything from the Lord.
Many think it is ok to live that way. They believe God knows everything and therefore no need to ask.
Ignorance of this important biblical reality has driven believer to a life of powerlessness and spiritual underachievement.
Below are some verses which should make you think deeper into this area:
- Pray without ceasing
1 Thessolonians 5:16-18 – Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
- Ask in Jesus Name (John 14:13-14; John 16:26)
- Ask according to His will (1 John 5:14-15)
- Remain in me and ask what ever you wish (John 15:7)
- Remain in my words and ask whatever you wish (John 15:7)
- Obey God’s command and ask (John 15:10)
- Remain in God’s Love, love one another and ask (John 15:10)
- Bear Fruit that will last and ask (John 15:16)