Latest posts by Pastor Viju Mathai (see all)
- Discernment vs. Judgment – V (God’s Guidelines for Discerning) - April 4, 2016
- Discernment vs. Judgment -IV (How do we Discern) - April 4, 2016
- Discernment vs. Judgment -III (Diakrino, Dokimazo) - April 4, 2016
We are living in the end of times and bible warns us about a powerful end time deception that will hit the believers. Jesus himself warned us “Watch out that no one deceives you” (Mathew 24:4). I believe that everyone in the church need the gift of Discernment to escape these perilous times. How do we grow in maturity and spiritual discernment? Are there any boundaries?
Is there a difference between spiritual discernment and judging other? Sometimes we do not know whether we are discerning or we are judging someone. Is it right to judge?
These are not easy questions to answer. Yet God does not leave us to grope around in the dark. The Bible gives some clear teachings on judging. Let’s examine them.
- Spiritual Discernment: Krino – Do Not Judge
- Spiritual Discernment: Command to Judge, Anakrino
- Spiritual Discernment: Diakrino, Dokimazo
- Spiritual Discernment: How do we Discern? & Erroneous basis for judgment
- Spiritual Discernment: God’s Guidelines for Discerning
- Spiritual Discernment: What are we to Discern?