Latest posts by Pastor Viju Mathai (see all)
- Discernment vs. Judgment – V (God’s Guidelines for Discerning) - April 4, 2016
- Discernment vs. Judgment -IV (How do we Discern) - April 4, 2016
- Discernment vs. Judgment -III (Diakrino, Dokimazo) - April 4, 2016
- The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind. 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21
- There is only One True God, revealed in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As the second person of the trinity Jesus was both human and divine.
- Though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin, ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God through ‘Salvation’ (accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin).
- There are two ordinances for the Church (1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Distinct Experience Subsequent to the Experience of Salvation that empowers believers for character transformation, witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ like.
- The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church.
- Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
- Jesus Christ will come back again, also called as the Second Coming. At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
- There will be the resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
- A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- There will be the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him.